Footwear for daily walking - suggestions?

Hello,

The instructions said to bring comfortable, "broken-in" footwear for daily walking, which certainly makes sense. The instructions also said "with good ankle support." I have Birkenstock shoes which are closed in back, i. e., not clog style and are VERY comfortable. I could get summer hiking boots if that's what people recommend. What do people usually use for daily walking shoes?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Hi Susan, I have not done the Cuba tour, but have done tours with the same shoe recommendation. I have found that whatever is most comfortable and closed works fine. I usually wear Rockport walking shoes or sneakers. The only time that I have taken my high top "hiking" shoes was when I knew that I was walking on surfaces that were described as possibly rugged. Those shoes have only basically gone on one tour and were not even needed then. Hope this helps.
  • Hi Susan,

Kathy is right. Any comfortable walking shoes are fine. There is no real "hiking" per say on this trip. I was there in March and wore both sandals and sneakers and was totally satisfied. There are places where some of the sidewalks and roads can be uneven, but it's nothing a good pair of comfy shoes and some common sense can't solve.

Hope this helps and you enjoy your trip!
    Hello,

The instructions said to bring comfortable, "broken-in" footwear for daily walking, which certainly makes sense. The instructions also said "with good ankle support." I have Birkenstock shoes which are closed in back, i. e., not clog style and are VERY comfortable. I could get summer hiking boots if that's what people recommend. What do people usually use for daily walking shoes?

Thanks for your help
  • Yes, absolutely true. I was there with Tauck in March and wore sandals every day and evening. No special footwear is needed for Havana and the day in the countryside.
This discussion has been closed.