Self service laundry facilities

For those of you who have taken the Essence of South America tour, do any of the hotels have washers and dryers?

Comments

• None of the hotels have any kind of do-it-yourself laundry on-site. They do all however, have valet and dry-cleaning services available. If you still want to wash yourself (in your room) I've often taken a travel-sized amount of detergent and used either the sink or shower to wash, then dry by hanging clothes in the bathroom.

Hope this helps,
    Aaron
    ORW wrote:
    For those of you who have taken the Essence of South America tour, do any of the hotels have washers and dryers?
  • Either take drip dry gear (that will dry in your own room after a sink wash) or bring along oldies that can be tossed when the time comes. Too expensive to get laundering via the hotel services and battling the locals for the few available laundromat services is a waste of precious time on this special trip.
  • Either take drip dry gear (that will dry in your own room after a sink wash) or bring along oldies that can be tossed when the time comes. Too expensive to get laundering via the hotel services and battling the locals for the few available laundromat services is a waste of precious time on this special trip.
  • We took this trip in 2008. You will have a great time. It is one of our favorite trips.

We stayed at the Caesar Park Hotel, in Buenos Aires. I believe the 2013 trips stay there. Some in our group used a cleaners that is one block (to the west?) of the hotel. They seemed to be satisfied with the cleaning. I think you have three days there, so you should have plenty of time to get the job done. Your Tauck Director will know where it is. Hope you have Rick Rand. He is very good.
This discussion has been closed.