Options

May 1 Classic Italy tour-anyone taking extra days in Sorrento, Venice, or Rome

We are considering taking extra pre- and post- tour days and are trying to decide whether to go to Sorrento, Venice and/or Rome. Is anyone else considering any of these options?

If we decide on pre-tour days in Rome, what is the best way to get to Sorrento from Rome? Or could we meet the tour in Naples and go to Sorrento with the group? If we decide on post-tour days in Rome, what is the best way to get from Venice to Rome?

Is anyone considing extra days in Sorrento or Venice? If so, what might your plans be for those extra days?

We are booking our own airfare but need to make decisions soon, and would love to hear your opinions on these options.

Ruby and Edd

Comments

• Options
    I am going on trip Sept. 1st doing pre in Sorento. Not sure you need extra in Rome but you can do pre in Rome and take a plane to Naples to get picked up to join tour. Some planes from states have a connecting in Rome. I got Rick Steves books from library and they are full of ideas on what to do. I am thinking of staying near Venice in Padua and doing that town and Verona. Can take either the train or bus to get there. Do your research and figure what will add to the trip. I am going to Capri and Naples I think when I am doing the pre. Can do both by water shuttle from Sorrento.
This discussion has been closed.