food and drink

we love good food and drink, but with all of the warnings about water, ice and raw foods, should we avoid cocktails made with ice such as the famous pisco sour and seafood, ceviche? There was also something in the news a while back about a virus that was killing anchovies, but I do not recall if it affected fish for human consumption. Does any one have any information?

Comments

• Me too! :) I can't speak to the Peru section of this trip beyond the usual ... be aware ... and ... no one knows your gut like you do! What I can say is that the food on the Isabella is wonderful and full of variety. The wine served with dinner is great South American wine. You will have a wonderful trip and a life-changing experience.

Cheers,

Jan
  • how are you my friends
  • When we did the Peru and the Galapagos Islands tour, we did NOT drink any liquid beverage with ice unless the Tour Director found out at the hotel next to Machu Pichu they used bottled water to make the ice. We certainly did NOT eat anything that wasn't cooked. We also take pro-biotics and have never had a problem in Egypt, Asia or India. You can get them at any health store. They put the good bacteria into your stomach to protect against problems.

Sheila
  • trvlgm wrote:
    we love good food and drink, but with all of the warnings about water, ice and raw foods, should we avoid cocktails made with ice such as the famous pisco sour and seafood, ceviche? There was also something in the news a while back about a virus that was killing anchovies, but I do not recall if it affected fish for human consumption. Does any one have any information?
This discussion has been closed.