Options

Free afternoon in Amsterdam

I am planning to take the Brussels to Amsterdam river cruise in 2013. I noticed that there is a free afternoon in Amsterdam. I also understand that Tauck provides a shuttle to Museumplein in the center of the city. I would like to see the Anne Frank House and am wondering if anyone has done that on the free afternoon. I know that I would need to purchase advance tickets so I need to know how would I get there and is there enough time to go there, see the house and return for the shuttle. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I am also interested in the answer to this question. I am taking this trip starting in Brussels on April 18.
  • Options
    Hi Kathy18,

Yes, you will have time to see the Anne Frank house. Many of our guests have done so on their free afternoon. I have reached out to one of tour managers to try and get more details for you. In the mean time here is the link to the Anne Frank House and Museum http://www.annefrank.org/en/ .

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Thanks Emily, Every time we research, it seems as if we would be rushing to try to visit the Anne Frank house during the afternoon. I appreciate whatever you can find out as to a way to get there and back.
  • Options
    We are booked on the April 25, 2013 sailing and with the free afternoon in Amsterdam we will go to the Anne Frank house. If we pre-purchase tickets for 3:00 will we be able to take the transportation after lunch to make the tour and get back to the boat in plenty of time for dinner?
  • Options
    I walked to the Anne Frank on my afternoon free on Blue Danube cruise and went back to catch the bus at the pick up point only to find out the Anne Frank house is half way to the boat and could have walked there instead of waiting for the bus.
This discussion has been closed.