Anyone going to the Canadian Maritime Islands this July?

Our first time to the Islands and wanted to know whom else is going?
We are from North Carolina, transplants from Long Island/New York City.

July appears to be a good time of the year with little rain.
Does anyone know the activity level of this trip? We love to walk and looking forward to enjoying the scenery by foot.
Drop a line and we would love to connect and correspond before the trip!
Sue

Comments

• Hi Sue,

I've taken both Nova Scotia trips that Tauck offer: Canadian Maritimes and the shorter Nova Scotia & PEI. There is only a tiny overlap and basically one trip is longer ... goes to more places & has different focuses ... than the other. It is the most gorgeous part of the world. Simply stunning. And for both trips, I went in June/July and I agree, the weather was lovely... bordering on quite warm at times. On the longer trip there are plenty of opportunities for longer walks, particularly on Cape Breton Island. Basically, you can do as much exercise as you feel like.

Have a wonderful time, which ever trip you choose.

Cheers,

Jan
  • We are doing the Canadian Maritimes Tour starting June 30, see my post on this forum--our first Tauck tour--decided to go this way after originally planning a near month long driving trip from our home is SC, through East Coast, Montreal, Quebec City to Maritimes and then home through New England---just decided it was too long of a trip with too much time behind the wheel--had taken a Viking River Cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam and quite frankly got used to the luxury of it all, hence our looking at Tauck as the Top of The Line---actually found a non-stop flight from Atlanta to Halifax, and decided to come in a day early to avoid the last minute hassle we encountered by 2 flight delays last year to Budapest---

Looking forward to seeing this part of Canada, we were in British Columbia and Canadian Rockies several years ago, our daughter lives in Portland---AND our son in law is originally from the Calgary area, so we have an affinity with Canadians--
This discussion has been closed.