Options

Welcome to Tauck’s Rhine Enchantment, Amsterdam to Milan Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Rhine Enchantment, Amsterdam to Milan Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Options
    I noticed that the Rhine Enchantment southbound trip is a little different from the northbound trip. I'm sorry to be missing Rudesheim. I was looking forward to it.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Nellie7 wrote:
    I noticed that the Rhine Enchantment southbound trip is a little different from the northbound trip. I'm sorry to be missing Rudesheim. I was looking forward to it.

We stopped in Rudesheim on the Romantic Germany tour this past August after a short cruise on the Rhine. Frankly, there is not much there! It is a VERY TINY town of little more than two short streets of half timbered buildings that you will see in other towns. The main street leads up from the river and T's into another street that goes left and right only a couple blocks before it turns into typical stucco buildings. It is mainly a bunch of tourist shops and restaurants. The only real sight to see is Siegfried’s Mechanical Music Cabinet Museum located in a large old house. We didn't have enough time to see it during our brief stop.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file