La Catedral in Lima

Does anyone know if the tour takes us INSIDE the Cathedral on Plaza Mayor in Lima? If not, is their any "free time" on the Plaza Mayor to go inside, or is the "free time" too short? Thanks

Comments

• Does anyone know if the tour takes us INSIDE the Cathedral on Plaza Mayor in Lima? If not, is their any "free time" on the Plaza Mayor to go inside, or is the "free time" too short? Thanks

Not on 2017 Peru & Galapagos Islands. We walked past it on the way to the Welcome Dinner. There was essentially no free time in Lima on P&G and it looks to be the same on your tour.

The Plaza Mayor and Cathedral are about 11 km from the Belmond Miraflores Park hotel, a bit far to hoof it. The Empire of the Incas tour page itinerary for Day 2 says, "Visit the 16th-century Cathedral of Lima . . . . Typically a "visit" means you enter the the site, but notably missing is the word "guided," so you may be on your own there. Just call Tauck and they will tell you. It wasn't include in our P&G tour so we shopped and went paragliding.

On both P&G and Empire of the Incas, you have a guided visit to the Baroque cathedral on the Plaza de Armas in Cusco.
  • Alan - thanks for the reply! Yes, I read the "visit" word too and was hoping that meant we had time to stroll around a bit inside. I'm fine if it's not guided - as long as I get to spend 10-15 minutes inside! It would be a shame to just look at the outside!

I did ask Tauck on the phone and they didn't know - just read me the same "visit" word.
  • Alan - thanks for the reply! Yes, I read the "visit" word too and was hoping that meant we had time to stroll around a bit inside. I'm fine if it's not guided - as long as I get to spend 10-15 minutes inside! It would be a shame to just look at the outside!

I did ask Tauck on the phone and they didn't know - just read me the same "visit" word.

The phone rep was being lazy! They have access to more details!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file