Floriade Expo 2022

Thanks to Tauck, and their travel representatives, I am looking forward to once-in-a-decade experiences at "The Netherlands' prized gardens at Floriade Expo 2022" and "The Bavarian village of Oberammergau's Passion Play".

I received confirmations for three Oberammergau itineraries and pricing in April. The Tauck representative suggested I confirm back to back reservations for the May 15-29, 2022 Amsterdam To Budapest River Cruise & Floriade Expo and The Ultimate Alps and Dolomites & Oberammergau Passion Play departing on May 29, 2022 and decline the Romantic Rhine and Romantic Germany.

Yesterday's "inside Tauck" "Behind the Scenes of Floriade Expo" in-depth look and what guests can expect in 2022 was an inspirational and informative presentation for me.

According to Frank Cornelissen and Marianne de Nooijer, key members of the team behind the scenes at Floriade Expo, it takes 2 days to "Experience a living pageantry of art, cultural programs and exhibits, energized by live music, workshops, demonstrations and tasting surprises."

In addition to the "Gift Of Time", I have also booked 2 additional nights in Amsterdam to see and enjoy Amsterdam and some additional time at Floriade Expo".

Are there any other taucktourians arriving early for the May 15, 2022 Amsterdam To Budapest River Cruise that would like to share some extra Amsterdam and Floriade Expo experiences prior to our cruise?

Comments

• I happened across Floriade 1982 purely by chance (what were the odds?!) on a backpacking/Eurailpass trip across Europe. We had no idea what Floriade was or that it was going on, but when we arrived in Amsterdam, it was tulips as far as the eye could see. Really amazing display!

• BKMD - doesn’t everyone have two lips. Ok, sorry. A bit bored this afternoon. 😀

• We went to the 1992 Floriade. Such a shame that the presentation had so many glitches yesterday, poor Dustin.

• I booked the "Belgium & Holland in Spring" river cruise departing from Brussels on April 24; we finish in Amsterdam on May 1. I then walk down the pier and take the "Cruising Dutch Waterways" river cruise departing that same day and finishing on May 8. Each river cruise offers a day at the Floriade so I will get the two recommended days for touring that attraction. The presentation was a bit difficult to follow but did give a preview of what we can expect. The "Belgium" cruise also includes a day at the Keukenhof Gardens that I saw many years ago - very beautiful and lots of tulips also.

• edited April 24

We are scheduled April 12th, starting in Belgium and ending in Amsterdam. Amsterdam in spring is beautiful. If you get a chance to visit the Aalsmeer flower auction, it is well worth the time.

• Have visited that flower market previously - it is amazing to watch literally millions of flowers being auctioned off in just a few hours.