French Escapade, 9/2/2021

Very excited to get back on the river cruising. My concern is where do we quarantine if our return PCR Testing is positive? Will hotels let's you stay? Does Tauck help secure hotel? Have our masks ready and vaccinated...but ya know....

Comments

• The rules are in the country you are in, Tauck doesn’t really have control over this. You may have to quarantine in a special government quarantine hotel. It’s good to have extra insurance to cover Covid quarantine and things like two weeks of extra prescriptions medicines with you.

• edited August 2021

Not to be flip, but if the host country requires you to quarantine because of a positive test, you will likely be required to stay where health officials tell you. It could be anything from a hotel to a hospital wing, former college dorm, former military barracks, etc.

• Testing positive to get back on the plane to the US isn't a host country requirement. I did some research on this since France is where we'd have to deal with it. Very hard to find anything firm on. One article in a UK paper said it was much more flexible than the UK - no authorities checking up on you, stay at your residence, but if you do go out be careful to avoid people, etc. Below is from the French government website.

_WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE THE VIRUS?
    If you have the virus, you must-self isolate for ten days from the first symptoms. If you still have a temperature, you must self-isolate for a further 48 hours.

If you have the virus but no symptoms, you must self-isolate for ten days from the time you took the test._

I certainly wouldn't want to stay in the Tauck hotel ($600/night). Someone recommended the hotel chain Citidine which actually has about a dozen locales in Paris. Apartment/hotels with studios and 1 bedrooms with kitchenettes. If forced to that will be my first attempt should we get stuck in Paris at the end of the tour. In fact, they look like a nice alternative to AirBnBs.

• I suppose a cube hotel wouldn't qualify, nor be anyone's first choice. :D

• Claudia Sales....definitely agree about Tauck hotels...definitely not long term. I read that one cannot board plane back to US if PCR positive. We will bring our rx for such a situation, was just curious about "housing". Thanks for the info. My plan is to stay healthy! Personal responsibility!

• edited August 2021

Now let me see, tongue in cheek, do I want to sit next to someone on a plane going home to the US who who is definitely positive for Covid 19, er, no, and neither does the airplane!

• Don't want to on a plane, at church, in Costco, etc. Hard to completely avoid. If possible I'll try to not infect anyone else.

• Looking forward to Cannes and boarding the Emerald. Arrive Cannes 8/31.

• hcbaggett,

Your trip is right around the corner! Safe travels. Please post a review.

• Hcbagget...look forward to meeting you! One question..I can't seem to figure out if the PCR is within 3 days of leaving from airport of origin or arriving in france. Have a nice trip and see you in Cannes...we arrive Sept 1.

• Jwdumbauld, it's three days before departure from France. Example, if your flight home is Saturday then the test should be taken no sooner than Wednesday. And it doesn't have to be a PCR test. Check the CDCs website for the complete list. You have to show your proof of a negative test result to the airline before they will let you on the flight back home.

• I think Jwdumbauld is asking about the opposite direction

• That was my thought too. There is no test requirement for Americans to enter France. Vaccine yes, test no. The test requirement is solely to return home.

• Sorry to be confusing. ..it was highly recommended, in a phone call with Tauck, to get PCR test for my transit to France. He said to have it within 3 days of my arrival to France. I agree it says vaccine OR.....but just going off recommendation...I will get PCR test, but not worry about it. Am aware Tauck will set us up for testing upon return to USA. Thanks for the above info. We are excited about our upcoming trip!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file