Options

Just returned from the K & T Classic Safari

I just returned 8/20 from the two week K & T safari. We were the second Tauck K & T tour to start back. I know many people on this forum have asked people returning from their tours to post how the experience was during these first tours starting back up. I wish to let people know, this tour experience was incredible! It far exceeded my expectations. The COVID procedures done during the tour went smoothly and rather easily. The locations were less crowded than pre-COVID levels which made for a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We were required to wear masks while in public places, but I think all of us have become very used to this. This trip was phenomenal and I am so very glad to have started back to traveling again!

Comments

• Options

Denise: this was my last pre Covid trip. It was extraordinary—so happy to hear that you had a great trip. I’m curious: did the guides discuss with you whether the animals were different inasmuch as there have not been many tourists in the past 16+ months? Did you have an opportunity to visit the school? The weavers?

• Options

Our guide was also curious about whether the animals would react differently to renewed tourist activity. According to him, the animals were mainly the same as pre-Covid. He did mention that the vehicles waiting along the Mara were about a third of the vehicles waiting for the wildebeests to cross. We did not visit the school, but did visit the weavers. We also visited the Masai village, but did not go inside their homes.

• Options

Denise Rei Welcome Back & thank you for your feedback!

• Options

Hi Denise:

Thank you very much for your post! I’m glad to hear you had a great trip. I’m doing it September 1-13… so happy to be traveling again.

• Options

Denise, glad to hear you're back, amazing pictures!
    take you time and relax a little, then please give us some feedback on Tauck's Covid arrangements.
    Thanks

• Options

mil, The COVID arrangements went smoothly without much interference with the itinerary. We, of course, needed the negative test results within 72 hours of arrival in Tanzania. This, for me, was the most difficult to arrange. I live in Chicago and if I wanted a guaranteed 24 hour turnaround, it cost me $350. I paid an additional $50 for an 8 hour guarantee (which did not happen). My transit in Doha was over 8 hours and I was approaching the 72 hour window which stressed me some. Others on the tour, had none of these issues and got their tests free and back in less than 24 hours. On tour, we needed a test to enter Kenya. The cost was covered by Tauck and done on our last day in Tanzania. We had to drive to a testing facility near the airstrip, but it seemed like part of the game drive with so many sightings along the way, The tests were flown to a lab and our tour director had the results and paperwork for our immigration check into Kenya. Then 2 days prior to our departure back home, we had our test taken at our hotel in the Masai Mara. This test we had to pay for ($150) with the results emailed to us on the day of our arrival in Nairobi. All in all, an easy process!

• Options

Denise Rei, hi! :))
    thank you so much for the info. it looks pretty simple and Congrats those pictures are amazing! are you ready to go back ? Africa is very addicting , I'm going next year, my 3rd Safari trip.
    Take care and Thanks .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file