Good afternoon,
Thanks to all of you who post on this discussion board. We have learned a lot and found your reviews helpful and entertaining.
My husband and I are scheduled for the Royal Danube trip on May 1 -- it is our 4th attempt and we are hopeful. I have a few questions that some of you may have had experience with. I realize I can call Tauck with my questions but am curious as to other travelers' experiences.
As an American, when you have been required to show proof of vaccine, have you found they accept proof other than the actual CDC card? We live in Virginia which has our Covid vaccination record by a QR code. Have others used QR codes to show proof? Of course we would also have our CDC cards but just wondering if both would be accepted.
This particular tour is both a land and river tour. I am wondering about gratuities for the tour director since gratuities are covered on river cruises but not on land tours. When you tip the tour director, what currency have you used? American dollars? Euros?
We are extending our stay in Krakow for a couple days after our tour ends. What have you read or experienced if you test positive when you are getting ready to return to the states? I know that Tauck will help arrange for testing before we leave but what happens if it is positive? Will Tauck help with a suitable place to stay until we test negative? I have read that the travel industry would like to stop the testing to enter the US if you are vaccinated but not sure if that will happen by the middle of May.
Thank you for your thoughts on this. I enjoy reading other people's posts and discussions but have not seen these issues addressed.