Eastbound on April 4th

Anyone go this time of year? How cold will it be and do we need a winter coat? Any wardrobe suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• We did the eastbound cruise, 12-23 April 2018. I went through all my photos and never saw anyone wearing a winter coat. The weather can be variable, but at most people were wearing just a light jacket, light fleece or puffer vest, or a light sweater. In many photos folks were just wearing shirt/blouse with long sleeves and on a number of occasions short sleeves.

We had great weather, just some light rain on the evening of the welcome dinner in Prague. Everything was greening up and the flowers were in bloom. For detailed, yet easy-to-interpret weather, check out Weatherspark.

• I did the eastbound cruise in April 2015 (gosh 7 years ago) and the weather was great, had a fleece jacket but somedays just needed a long sleeve shirt. It's a beautiful trip.

• We are also on the April 4 east bound on the Danube. We are looking forward to it. We are also looking forward to meeting you. Thanks for the question and thanks everyone for the tips on what to pack. We will be in Israel on a Tauck tour, preceding this river cruise, so packing will be a particular challenge. And we will definitely check out Weatherspark.

• Please post a review of the Israel tour, we had to cancel this month’s tour because flights kept being changed and we were fed up of the hassle

• British - Why are you requesting a review of the Israel tour on the Blue Danube discussion thread?

• Became the last poster said they were going to Israel directly before the Danube tour. It’s probably the one we would have been on.

• Dear British-Will do! I am sorry for the airline hassle. We had frustrations in that direction last year (flight changes, aircraft type changes, and seat changes) . I hope there are no surprises forthcoming. We leave March 20th for Israel and Jordan and then leave Amman Jordan on a 3AM flight (!!) on April 4th to Prague to begin our Danube river cruise.

• Thanks Frank. We had flight changes twice in January alone, that’s when we gave up. Check your flights again just in case!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file