Options

June 6, 2022 Tour

Anyone going on this trip. We’ve rescheduled several times due to Covid so fingers crossed for this time, especially in light of what’s going on in the world now.

Comments

• Options

This trip has been on our Bucket List for a couple years. But due to Covid, we have canceled and now we have Xmas Market trips planned w/friends for 2022 and 2023. We do plan to book this trip October 2024 - please post a review when you return. We plan to fly in a week early and see Venice and Florence before the tour starts. (We love Italy and this will be our 2nd time over there). I had heard from Tauck last year that the Tuscany and Umbria tour may be ending/canceling as it's not one of the more popular Italy tours. We certainly hope that isn't the case - we really plan to go in 2024.

• Options

Yes, I will definitely post a review. This has also been on my Tauck bucket list.

• Options
    edited March 2022

Terrilyn,Tauck had a tour called Florence, Tuscany and Umbria that we took years ago and it was fabulous. We visited towns like SanGiamongiano,Assisi and Sienna and it felt so much more like the real Italy than when you visit the madness of Rome. Florence was one of those cities we planned to visit independently, but of course the pandemic has pushed our dreams back like it has everyone else. My favorite city in Italy is definitely Florence.
    The Croatia tour ending in Venice we had booked in 2020 and we haven’t even scheduled that again yet. It’s now 42 years since I visited Venice and back then, it was the most out of this world place I had been to.
    Terrilyn, try booking the tour for earlier than October if your schedule allows

• Options

British- We did a Venice Florence Rome tour in 2017 with Rick Steves in October and it was perfect! Weather in the 70s, low crowds - we were there for 3 weeks and it only rained once. Why do you recommend a different month? And which month?

• Options
    edited March 2022

Anyone going on this trip?

• Options

Just a little earlier, say late September so the nights stay lighter a little longer and not so cool.
    I’d consider taking this newer tour, it sounds great.I don’t mind going to places more than once like some people. There are always new things to see and changes from before.

• Options

Yes, my husband and I will be on this trip... first time Italy... first time Tauck.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file