Question on length of days, activity levels

Please let us know comments about length of trips between cities, activity level of tours, etc.

Comments

• We loved this tour. That said, do expect to have a couple of vey long bus days, but the scenery makes up for it. Our TD was wonderful and played lots of music, had videos, and always treats. The pace on this is not high, though I don't know how Tauck rates it now.

• mazalea - In case you didn't notice, I sent you a PM a month or two ago and never got a response.. In case you're not familiar with PMs, click on the little envelope icon in the upper right.

• CDRJim2017,

Are you by chance looking at an old brochure? The name and portions of the tour were changed quite some time ago. It appears routes between some of the cities are now not as long and there is now a plane ride to Madrid.

I agree that this was a great tour with some lovely hotels, excursions and wonderful food. It has been many years since we took the Paradors tour, but I do not recall any strenuous, long walking days.

• I remember a fellow Taucker me about this tour years ago, she said it was great but very long bus rides. I assume many people thought the same and the tour has been modified

• I think more and more people are complaining about bus rides because I see so many tours now have plane trips between some cities. I personally enjoy the bus rides.

There were three days on the Paradors tour that were tedious because the hotels changed each of those three days, but the paradors were beautiful.

• Any bus ride is a pain, literally, when you’re 6’6” tall, like I am. One reason I like small group tours is because there are almost always empty seats on the bus to get a seat to yourself. Even then, the shorter the bus ride the better.

• Thank you all!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file