Options

Karen Blixen Museum Tour

I'm on the October 15 departure and am wondering if anyone would like to share a guide/driver the afternoon we get into Nairobi to visit the Karen Blixen Museum.

Comments

• Options

Anyone interested in a half day tour to the Karen Blixen Museum on 10/27?

• Options

I’m an “Out of Africa” nut, and planned on doing the museum (if possible) during our day in Nairobi. As it happened, one of our TD’s, who was from South Africa, lived in Nairobi near the Blixen Museum. We asked him about our plan to see if it was possible. He said, ‘probably’. But, he said it was a difficult place to get to considering Nairobi traffic, and he said the museum was not a spectacular experience. We decided to give that huge bathtub a workout. It was a pleasant afternoon. The new highway to the airport is spectacular. It turned a nightmare into something easy.

• Options

I went to the Blixen Museum - while it wasn’t the best museum experience ever, the tour was certainly interesting and worth an hour or two. The Nairobi hotel arranged a driver and off we went to the Blixen Museum and to the Nairobi zoo (a yawn!!). We did encounter traffic but we enjoy seeing urban life. The driver provide interesting commentary along the way. Since our departing flight was the next day, we were not in a hurry and enjoyed the visit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file