Options

Best time of year?

I was disappointed to see 2023 already sold out, but just noticed that 2024 has been posted for this tour. I'm wondering about the best time of year for Vietnam, Cambodia, & Thailand. I'm reading conflicting accounts on the internet. Your responses are appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Options

I have lived in both Thailand and Vietnam, about two years in each country. Absolute best time weather-wise is very late December through January.

Vietnam's Tet holiday, its lunar New Year, usually falls in mid-late January and some stores and restos will be closed throughout the week+ of that holiday. So if you start in Vietnam and then move to Cambodia and Thailand, I would say the timing of your trip would be ideal.

• Options

TMcA - Thank you for your response! I see Tauck has a January 8th tour for 2024 (as I mentioned, 2023 is already sold out). The tour begins in Vietnam, then on to Cambodia and finishes in Thailand. Would that still be okay? It's a 16 day tour. Again, thank you for your response and expertise!

• Options

Tet is Feb. 10 in 2024. So I think you would be in perfect shape!

• Options

We went in late January and the weather was great. Hanoi was the only place that was a little cool. Everywhere else was great.

• Options

You will love this trip…we too went in late January..three wonderful, yet different countries💞

• Options

We took this trip on Feb 11, 2011. The weather was fine. It's still hot though. It's always hot and humid in Thailand and Cambodia. Bring a lot of water for your trek through Angkor Wat. One of the most amazing places I've ever been to.

• Options

We did the Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos tour in January that Tauck used to do, it’s humid, that is the killer.

• Options

We were there in late Feb thru mid March 2020;Our tour was the last Tauck tour before the pandemic.The weather was perfect.Enjoyed the tour even more because we were only 5 couples because of cancellations.The small group and no crowds made it very enjoyable.

• Options

Oct-Nov

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file