Options

Low water options

I am booked on river cruise tour from Berlin-Krakow departing Oct 15. With the current low water levels, I’m concerned about the quality of my trip. We are after all, paying a premium for a riverboat experience, not a bus trip. What options does Tauck provide in the event the trip is modified but not cancelled?

Comments

• Options

I did this tour in 2018. We had to bus around one section of the river due to low water. Post tour Tauck provided a credit for what we missed. I thought it was extremely fair.

All in all, I didn’t think the tour was diminished. That said, I’m a land tour guy. We took this tour for the periods pre-river in Berlin and post-river in Krakow. The portion on the river was fine, but to sedate for me.

• Options

We also had this happen in 2018 -- And I actually think Tauck went above and beyond in making up for it. I, personally, don't think we missed anything - actually, our food was better by NOT being on the boat a couple of nights. And you're really not paying a premium for a riverboat experience- we've taken many land and river boat tours and there is actually more to see and do on a land tour - esp after dinner. We love Tauck River boat tours, but you won't miss anything if you have to be on a motor coach for some of the transportation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file