Options

Budapest to Prague October 2022

Hi - Is anyone on the Danube river cruise now that can talk about the river water levels and/or if any modifications have been made to the excursions? Read earlier to “expect the unexpected” which can be fun but also, not. 😊 🙏 Thanks.

Comments

• Options

I think you need to be flexible. The river depth can change quickly. I could see from Tauck’s website that some people canceled out of the trip we are on, which has proceeded flawlessly. We are getting rained on in Switzerland as I speak, and the temps have dropped significantly from two weeks ago. You can have too little water, and sometimes they have too much water. Right now things appear to be fine.

• Options

We were scheduled for next Monday (Sept 5), heading east. We dropped out. I'll try for next year.

• Options

When does your tour depart? We are on the October 10 trip.

• Options

Sorry you dropped out of your trip astrohip. The only place I know of that they are having a little trouble right now is transitioning from the Danube to the Rhine on the trips that go between Budapest and Amsterdam … they just change ships when necessary. The river depth is always in play and not predictable, but Tauck knows how to accomodate the problems. Good luck next year, but you will not get any guarantees unless you travel with us. (;-)

• Options

I wasn't clear, we dropped out due to medical reasons, not river level. We'll definitely be back...

• Options

Sorry you had to drop out for whatever reason. On our trip there were a number of last minute cancelations. I don’t know for what reason, but it was a great trip. There were no changes nor interruptions, the weather was great … twenty degrees cooler than two weeks earlier. The hotels appeared to be fully staffed with professionals, and the Principe specifically was amazing. The public bathrooms were works of art.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file