Options

Recent experience at Omni Mt Washington?

Less than stellar reviews concern me - doesn’t look like Tauck’s usual standard, Was looking forward to spa treatments but I’m beginning to wonder.

Comments

• Options

There are only 10 reviews and I bet all are old since they are no longer dated. Likewise in the forum posts- Category: New England > Hidden Gems of New England, there are only 25 of those, not all are from the Hidden Gems tour, and the most current one is mine from 2014!

While the hotels were not up to European or major American City hotel standards, they were fine considering where the tour travels. The same can be said of many other Tauck US tours, especially those that stay in National Parks. You don't stay in the No-tell Hotel or the Bates Hotel, but once you get away from the cities or major tourist destinations you will see a difference. That being said, all of the sights were very interesting. and where you stay will be close by. People need to adjust their expectations. If you are taking a Tauck tour because of the accommodations, availability of Spa treatments, or fine dining, you should consider a European or river boat tour.

• Options

I've been to the Mt. Washington Hotel many times (though not lately). It's a lovely old hotel with a long porch with great views of Mt. Washington. I never went to the spa -- just enjoyed walking the grounds and relaxing. Go and enjoy!

• Options

I certainly agree with MCD. I, too, have stayed at the Omni Mount...twice with Tauck and once independently. It is lovely and I believe it has been refurbished fairly recently. I might be wrong. The hotel is set on beautiful grounds and offers fine and casual dining venues, golf and spa services...the latter two not experienced by me.

I found it to be up to Tauck's standards, very much so.

• Options

Our tour stayed at the Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, another grand old northcountry hotel founded in 1865. It is 15 mi. NW of the somewhat newer Omni which was begun in 1900 and finished in 1902. The rooms in all these places are typically large with high ceilings and most have been recently renovated. The Omni is on the Historic Register.

Our room at Mountain View was huge and had fantastic views from a sitting area through a bank of large windows. The worst part of that place was there was only one tiny 4-person elevator. It took many trips to get our busload to their floors. :D

• Options

Thank you all! Only other Tauck tour I’ve been on was Canadian Rockies - Fairmonts! Looking forward to the colors and vistas!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file