Options

My Apple AirTag just nearly gave me a heart attack!

We are heading to Toronto for our Capital Cities tour early next week. After hearing the issues with Pierson airport, we decided to send the money and ship our suitcases with Luggage Forward. I also put an airtag in each bag. All good, both suitcases delivered to our hotel a couple of days ago, and confirmed with the concierge that they would be stored properly for us. Even got an email from the person in charge of the storage area confirming they arrived.

This morning I randomly checked the "Find My" app on my iphone and it showed my bag in the hotel where it has been, but it showed my wife's bag as being a couple of blocks away at an arena! It was a "holy crap" moment....and all I could think of is "why couldn't it have been my bag', because my wife will kill me!

I called the hotel, and the very nice man who had sent me the confirmation email put me a quick hold and told me both suitcases are still where he put them. I asked him to please confirm the names on the bag, which he did.

I looked at the app again, and it still showed the bag not at the hotel.

Then, a few minutes later, it reappeared back at the hotel. Apparently there is some glitch in the Airtag/Find My connection, and for about 15 minutes, there was a glitch in my own heartbeat!

Just putting this out there in case anyone else has the same issue.

Comments