Options

New 2023 Shores of Eastern Canada and New England

edited September 2022 in General Discussion

Has anyone looked at Tauck’s new 2023 small ship offering, Shores of Eastern Canada and New England? I looked at this trip, comparing the value/experience with Tauck versus booking directly with Silversea and noticed multiple port discrepancies. It appears Tauck used the current 2022 Silversea itinerary instead of Silversea’s published 2023 itinerary. I pointed this out to two different Tauck representatives this week who agreed there is a discrepancy. They notified the appropriate department, but the likely incorrect information is still on their website. Heads up to anyone else who wanted to book this trip for 2023 to make sure the Silversea itinerary matches what they want to do!

Comments

• Options

Good catch! There is another thread from earlier this year that may be of interest: New Small Ship Cruise of Canada and New England.

• Options

It is quite plausible the port discrepancies were a timing (publication) issue. I am leaving soon on a different small ship cruise and Tauck has notified us of two port changes that are out of their control. The excursions remain the same, we merely disembark in a different location. I surmise this is the case with the Canada and New England cruise, which I hope to book for 2024.

• Options

I also happened to pick the one date, Sep 14 (15th cruise start), with the most differences! Ship overnights and spends an extra day in NYC, skips Newport, stops at Portland instead of Bar Harbor, and Sydney instead of Halifax. Certainly, ports get skipped/changed as current conditions dictate. I do think, however, that Tauck should add asterisks and note port differences on certain sailings.

• Options

Those changes would give me pause! No Bar Harbor or Halifax? I think I’ll just do Canadian Maritimes!

• Options

Canada Maritimes was wonderful.

• Options

Considering Canada Maritime for 2023. The ship is a share between Tauck and non-Tauck passengers.
    Has anyone traveled on a “shared” trip on another tour/ship since this tour is new for 2023?
    We have traveled on Tauck’s riverboats and all passengers were Tauck.
    Any disadvantages with “shared tour”?

• Options

We have taken the Nile River Oberloi, Treasures of the Aegean and Alaska's Inside Passage with non-Tauck passengers. We have also done the Christmas Markets with all Tauck passengers. I don't think there's any pros or cons to either all Tauck or not.

On another note, the Tauck agent told us that Bar Harbor was eliminated from the Shores of Eastern Canada and New England because they don't want cruise ships coming in to chase away their whales. We were scheduled for Grand New England in the fall of 2023, and we wanted to switch to the Shores because I really love SilverSeas and the new itinerary. We have always wanted to visit Bar Harbor, so we kept with the Grand New England.