Man oh man Fiona sure messed up out tour. It was canceled while we were out on day 2. Tour Guide Keithryn was great. Just hard to try and get air plane out when we didn’t find out until the afternoon.
Jerry, oh no! I’ve been thinking about the tour you were on, and how much you looked forward to it. I hope you’re all ok. I’m sure Tauck will compensate you generously. No one can predict Mother Nature.
So sorry about the timing; trust everyone stayed safe. Was wondering about the Eastern Canada tours. I think there are/were several Tauck groups in the area; Tauck deletes the dates once tour starts. I see next year's cruise has a lot of fall departures. Sounds like Florida is next. The crazy times continue.
Yes, also wondering how everyone was doing. Hope everyone gets home without too much hassle!
Oh my…So sorry you’re caught in this! Stay safe and hope you can get home soon.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. We got a flight out the next day, Thursday at 5:15 am so had to wake up at 1:30 am for a 2:15 am limo to the airport. Son since we are 4 hours behind Halifax needless to say it was a llllooooonnnnngggg day especially since we had to wear a mask from the airport in Halifax until we got back to Phoenix. 😱
Glad you returned safely. What a shame, though. Especially sorry for the people who live in Eastern Canada and what they are going through.
I wondered whether Tauck would employ their emergency evacuation flight
Nothing was ever mentioned about an Emergency Evacuation Flight. We were just informed that we needed to find flights out. I agree that we need to keep the people of Eastern Canada in our thoughts and prayers. The few we met were very gracious and friendly.
I am glad that everyone got home safely. BTW, in all of my travels with Tauck, I never ever heard of a Tauck "Emergency Evacuation Flight." I remember on one of my Tauck Danube riverboat cruises when the tour was cut short due to river levels on the Danube, everyone was told to make their own flight home reservations, except that Tauck did help those of us whom had originally made our air reservations through Tauck (but Tauck reps still had to make our new airline reservations for us, i.e. "no special Emergency Evacuation Flight").
There is a standby service for major situations like the Arab Spring and the Mumbai bombing. We have had tour directors talk about these in the past.
Still trying to get resolution on monetary refund from Tauck.
Jerry, this will take months. I am still trying to get compensation from our 3 day luggage delay that happened in July in Toronto airport. I check online at AON and our claim has just moved up one notch! It's crazy. I'm sorry this happened to you when you were so looking forward to this trip.
Wow I am so sorry you are having to wait so long.