Options

2023 May - Classic Italy - Colosseum

The Tauck writeup for 2023 Classic Italy states "Witness the grandeur of the 2,000-year-old Colosseum". Can anyone reply if in the past anyway, that Tauck brings you into the colosseum instead of just a drive by? Thanks

Comments

• Options

I’ve been in the Colosseum with Tauck but can’t remember which tour. It’s great but in more ruin than the one in France. My favorite place is the Pantheon in Rome, I don’t know why, it just moves me.

• Options
    edited October 2022

Back in 2016 we went in (after a security bag check) but didn't have free rein and didn't spend a lot of time there. It was definitely not a drive-by- that would reveal almost nothing. After exiting, our guide took us part way into the forum.

In the last few years a number of improvements have been made to the Colosseum- they restored some of the upper galleries and gladiator spaces below ground. I believe if you want to see those you'll need a special ticket.

Maybe a recent returnee can weigh in.

• Options

On the "Lake Como, Venice, Florence and Rome" tour, we had a tour inside the Colosseum and had free time in it, too. We did not go down into the Forum...just observed it and took photos from street level.

• Options

Did Classic Italy in 2019 and yes you had a guided tour inside the Colosseum and some free time

• Options

We did Classic Italy 13 years ago and we went inside the Colosseum.

• Options
    edited October 2022

We did the Sicily, Amalfi Coast and Rome tour and they took us to the Colosseum (inside).

• Options

We were just on the Classic Italy Small Groups in May. Yes, we had a guided tour around and inside the colosseum, then some time on our own. From the Tauck tour write-up I'm sure the regular tour also goes inside.

Picture from inside:

• Options

I was on The Classic Italy trip in May. You will definitely tour the inside of the Colosseum. A very interesting tour and not rushed at all. Enjoy. This is a terrific tour.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file