Options

Budapest hotels

Good morning,
I am hoping to get some suggestions from fellow travelers about hotels in Budapest for late September 2023. A group of 4 of us will be ending our Tauck river cruise there and are interested in adding several days to see the city and surrounding area. Our friends are more interested in small unique hotels than the usual Tauck hotels. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments

• Options

Not particularly small but if you really want to splurge The Four Seasons Hotel Gresham is magnificent.

• Options

Not a "boutique" hotel, but I agree the Gresham is fabulous, especially if you can secure a room overlooking the Danube. I was fortunate to be able to stay there once on business during the holidays when the hotel was decked out in all its festive finery. Vacations are for splurging!

My suggestion would be to decide which areas of the city you wish to explore then research hotels nearby. Best of luck to you!

• Options
    edited December 2022

Not sure if this is boutique, but it is certainly unique. :D:o>:) I noticed It one evening on the Buda side near the Chain Bridge- it ain’t the “Ritz!”

• Options

We stayed at the K&K Opera and it was very nice - and not too expensive. It's also located within walking distance of the river so you can see most of the sights in Budapest walking.

Mike

• Options

I appreciate all your comments. To clarify my queston -- Tauck has the Intercontinental listed on their web site for our trip but it has not been confirmed. We enjoy the Tauck hotels but our friends are nice B and B people and have no desire to stay at a large chain hotel, no matter how nice. Boutique is a compromise.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file