Options

Anyone on Legendary Scottish Isles' September sailing?

Hoping to find some fellow travelers! Traveling solo as per usual, but first time with Tauck. I am from New England. Say hello!

Sam

Comments

• Options

On the Eastbound Sept 5 tour with hubby. Starting to wonder how rough the North Sea will be. Might get the patch from my physician to be safe. Always enjoyed the fellow Tauck travelers on our 4 land trips. Bigger group with this cruise component , hope it doesn’t feel too big. Solo travelers on previous groups blended right into the group. I believe you will find a warm welcome. Happy travels for all of us😊

• Options

I certainly can’t understand the attraction of the North Sea. The last time I visited the Northern coast of Scotland and the Orkney’s, it was an August and there was a howling gale in the area for days. I was staying with a friend who’s cottage faced the sea. When we opened the windows, the curtains were blowing horizontally into the room. But the islands are lovely! The Orkneys have Skara Brae, standing stones like Stonehenge, a WW11 built chapel by Italian prisoners of war, ancient burial mounds, and jewelry by Sheila Fleet! If the sea is the only way that Tauck offers to get there, I would still go.

• Options

British, I will put rocks in my pockets! Look forward to meeting you Ellen!

• Options

For those on the Sept 5 sailing..I was able to call and book my excursions today. I have not received the email yet . FYI…

• Options

I booked a couple of days ago but missed one that was full. In other news, The North Face has fantastic rain pants that are 25% off at their stores!

• Options

We are on the Sept 5 cruise. Really excited about it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file