Options

Cruising the Seine -After hours visit to churchill war room

I want to make reservations for the second night for dinner but itinerary states there will be an after hours visit to Churchill war rooms.
Does anyone know what time this visit was on their tour ? Thank you

Comments

• Options

If someone doesn't respond, give Tauck a call. The Tauck Reservation Sales Agents will have this info. Over the years I have received similar timing details, just recently last week about timing for activities in Paris. Be advised however, what they and other travelers tell you may not be precise as situations and timing can change from departure to departure.

• Options

I took this cruise in 2022 and we had time for dinner after the visit to Churchill's War Room, however like Alan says things change so you the best is to check with Tauck.

• Options

Our trip started day after the Queens" Jubilee.". It was still light when the visit ended and after getting back to the Savoy we walked up to Covent Garden and ate at a pub.

• Options

The War Room is a fascinating museum. I hope you are able to see it while in London.

• Options

We are on this Oct 7 and I was told we’ll leave the hotel about 5:45. Given that we will still be fighting some jet lag, I’m thinking our crew will eat a late lunch, have a drink and maybe a snack at the bar after the war room and go to bed. Are you on this one?

• Options

SusanCarlsson - We did precisely what you are planning except we came in a few days early so we were well rested. I don't remember what time we left for the excursion but we had a nice lunch in Covent Garden then after the War Rooms we had a drink at the Savoy.

We really appreciated having private access to the War Rooms, the Louvre and Monet's gardens (Apr of this year). Enjoy your journey. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Options

Planning the same as you Susan. Lunch probably at a pub that afternoon while we are on our own. Maybe a drink at the Savoy or light snacks at the bar after the war room.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file