Private Duomo Tours

Has anyone taken a private tour of the inside of the Duomo, without roof top visit?

Comments

• Assuming you are talking about the Duomo of Milan, then yes, I would highly recommend it, and get to the roof if you can. We did this in 2018 and were able to book the private tour through the Duomo.

• Yes, different choices of tickets, you can book on line which I highly recommend incase tickets are sold out when you get there and to avoid ticket lines I also recommend the roof tour, it’s the best part of the tour. There are ticket choices that avoid most of the stairs for this. There is an elevator which only the correct ticket holders can use. There are still some steps. If you get tickets for early in the day it’s a good idea before it gets too hot.

• We did this tour this past October and Tauck took us on a tour of the inside of the Duomo but not the roof. Are they not doing that on your trip? It was small groups and an excellent tour guide. If we wanted to go to the roof we had to arrange that on our own.

• When we took Rhine Enchantment tour, it only included walking around the outside of the Duomo, to go in you had to do that in free time which we knew in advance of the tour. It’s definitely worth adding time on the front end of the tour if you start in Milan. Amsterdam is included on more tours, so you can save that for another tour especially the river cruisers out there.

• We did this tour recently, and the inside tour tickets were provided. The roof was closed for renovation of some sort.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file