Options

Oct 11, 2023 Eastbound

I know this is very early but wondering if anyone on the forum is doing this trip starting Oct 11, 2023. We are arriving a day early traveling from EWR.

Comments

• Options

Have a marvelous journey, BSP51, and please post a review upon your return. Enjoy!

• Options

Will do.

• Options

Will be booking some non-Tauck excursions on our pre and post tour days. Oct 10 early afternoon tuk tuk tour. Oct 11 trip to Sintra that has to be back at hotel by 4:30 to get ready for the welcome dinner. Oct 22 full day tour to Toledo from Madrid.

Anyone interested in joining, please message me.

• Options

Bsp, your plans sound good. I regretted not getting to Sintra. Be careful on the tuktuk. I almost got thrown off one making a fast turn.

• Options

Claudia - I will be sure to tuk myself in tight.

• Options

BSP51 - Interesting, the things that you are arranging extra tours to see were included in our Spain/Portugal tour. You'll end up with your own combination Douro/Spain/Portugal tour. :D

• Options

BSP51 - Be sure to claim the 10 euros as income on your taxes this year!! 😂

• Options

Sam - I will disclose my taxes when you-know-who shows his.

• Options
    MCDMCD
    edited September 2023

It's not income and it's not a gift -- it's part of what you paid for your tour. Same as the 20 GBP that the TD gave us in each of Belfast and Derry/Londonderry when we were there on the Best of Ireland tour.

• Options
    edited September 2023

MCD - I know that. We all know that. I still enjoyed getting it. It’s like a nice amuse bouche at a favorite restaurant. It’s all part of the cost but enjoyed and appreciated none the less. And I believe Sam was joking!

• Options

Of course Sam was joking! And I appreciated the 20 GBP for lunches in Northern Ireland -- and even brought some home for my next trip.

• Options

I find the amount a bit hilarious as I'm currently checking out the hotels on our Italy tour - menus, bars with rooftop terraces, etc - and don't think that amount would cover a soft drink or glass of house wine. And since all the drinks are already covered on the ship... But I'm always up for a new purse. B)

• Options

BSP51 let me know if the pool is heated. I leave on the 18th.. What were the highlites? Thank You

• Options

Last call - Anyone out there in forumland going on the Oct 11 eastbound?

• Options

Review first 2 days: Arrived early day before. Was able to get room (for a cost) early so we caught some sleep. Took a 4 hours tuk tuk tour that was great. Saw a lot of Lisbon that you won’t see on the Tauck bus tour next day. Next morning took a private tour of Sintra, Roca & Cascais. Don’t miss this chance. Sintra palace is amazing. An excellent tour.

Palace dinner - Nice place but horrible food. Bus tour of Lisbon day 2 - Generic tour of a few monuments and of a church. Your basic city tour. Saw so much more on the private tuk tuk tour.

Intercontinental Lisbon is very nice modern business hotel. Not much charm but clean and nice room. Off to catch morning bus to Coimbra & then on to the Andorinha.

• Options

BSP51 We are doing a stopover in Lisbon in November Which TukTuk company did you use. There seem to be many. Also who did you user for The Sintra tour? We only have 2 days. Thanks

• Options

Debi - will message you with the info in the next few days. Bryan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file