Options

A week in Spain may 2023

We are going on the Week in Spain tour the first week in May. Can anyone give me an idea of what the weather might be.
Anyone else signed up for this ?

Comments

• Options

Per Taucks website for your tour, "Spain is extremely hot during midsummer, in July and August. The rest of the year the climate is generally temperate in the north, but warm in the south. August is the busiest month, while May and October are the best times for both ideal weather and fewer crowds. Barcelona enjoys a wonderful climate with hot summers and cool winters. The climate of Madrid is dry, warm and pleasant. It's high altitude and proximity to mountains causes some wide variations in winter and summer temperatures. In summer the heat at midday can be intense, with pleasantly cool evenings. Rain in Madrid is a rarity, with a short rainy season in late October and some showers in spring. is extremely hot during midsummer, in July and August. The rest of the year the climate is generally temperate in the north, but warm in the south. "

There are dozens of weather websites that can give you averages - weatherspark.com is exec - but there are others. Before doing your final packout, check the 10 day forecast for several of the locations you'll be visiting. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.

• Options

I just returned from this trip July 2-9. It was hot, especially in Málaga, Granada, Sevilla and Córdoba. Madrid was hot too, but not like SE Spain. It was in the 90s. However, the guides were very good by keeping us in the shade whenever possible. Our TD emphasized how important it was to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and she was right. I was dehydrated in Indonesia and it was a terrible thing to go through. It was in the 90s the week I was there but the week after was forecast to be in the 100s! Being in the air-conditioned coach and hotels helped a lot, so it wasn’t constant heat 24/7. I enjoyed this trip very much in spite of the hot weather. Don’t be afraid to wear shorts and dry-wicking shirts/tee shirts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file