Options

Savoring France

Looking at this River Cruise coming up September '23. The week we have chosen, the stay in Paris is at The Westin and not at the Intercontinental. The Westin does not get favorable reviews and doesn't seem to be up to the standards one would expect from Tauck. Has anyone taken this trip and been booked at the Westin?

Comments

• Options

While the Intercontinental is a great hotel, the Westin does have a somewhat more desirable location. Looking at the reviews Trip Advisor, the negative comments seemed to be around staffing issues (rudeness), some rooms in need of a refurbishment and high cost of the room. You needn't worry about the cost, since it's part of your tour. Staffing issues sadly are somewhat common in this post-pandemic world. The bulk of the reviews were positive, with 4 or 5 star ratings. The included breakfast should be fine, I've never had an issue with that at a Westin property. Remember, people with a gripe are much more likely to post a review than those that enjoyed their stay. I would be cautiously optimistic and wouldn't prejudge.

• Options

I wouldn’t worry about the hotel, you won't be there for long unless you’re arriving a few days early…of course you could stay anywhere and then move over to the Westin. Personally I don’t think you’re missing all that much if you don’t stay at the Intercontinental. The rooms are nothing special, pretty basic. Breakfasts are pretty good, though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file