Options

Canadian Maritimes Tour June 2023 Short Summary

edited July 2023 in Canadian Maritimes

My wife and I recently completed the Canadian Maritimes Tour Small Group that started June 16 and ended June 26, 2023. We had a good trip and have a couple of recommendations. If you can, book a night before and after at the Prince George Hotel in Halifax. A lot of people had problems with their flights, one couple even missing the first night at the Citadel. We still had problems at the Toronto airport but that has nothing to do with Tauck and we had booked our own flights. Make sure you take a raincoat and/or umbrella. We did not ahead of the trip purchase any Canadian currency or get any while there and was able to use our credit card everywhere. If you can on your credit card, get alerts for international transactions. I would get a notice almost immediately and it showed the conversion rate to US dollars. Our T-mobile phones worked fine except if there was no cell coverage for anyone. For the bus trip, maybe get a inflatable small pillow to put behind your neck or to rest your head on a couple of the longer rides. We had been on a large group Tauck tour in western Canada and we really liked the smaller group better. We were able to get to know other people and remember their names and became friends with many. Our tour guide, Barbara and bus driver Doug were fantastic. Couldn't have asked for better. And during the tour, watch and remember times for things to happen, like: when to have your luggage out; when you should have breakfast; when to be on the bus in the mornings you have something planned and try to always be back on the bus after short stops or lunches. Take a good camera if you have one instead of phone. There will be lots of great places to see and photo ops. On the trip, I had 5 whole lobsters, 5 buckets of mussels, 5 bowls or more of seafood chowder and more. Enjoy the trip if you go, we did.

Comments

• Options

We really enjoyed that trip as well. I’d do it again just for the delicious and fresh seafood! We also had issues at Toronto airport with luggage delay. Thank goodness for AirTags. I’m even thinking of permanently keeping an AirTag in my wallet. I’ve gifted AirTags to friends who are not seasoned travelers and they continue to use them.

• Options

Yes great gift idea!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file