Options

Edinburgh & Glasgow hotels

We are going on the Legendary Scottish Isles in late May of 2024 heading westbound. Looking for suggestions for hotel choices in Edinburgh and Glasgow. Our choices are:
The George and Kimpton Charlotte - Edinburgh
voc Grand Central and Kimpton Blythswood Square - Glasgow
Thanks

Comments

• Options

Kimptons in both cities. Reviews for both have been good on the forum. When we did this tour we stayed at the Dakota in Glasgow, which Tauck does not seem to use anymore. People who were at the Blythswood were happy, and it looked like a beautiful hotel. We stayed at the George and did not like it. No ac and very old, ridiculously laid out bathrooms that were accidents waiting to happen. People were all complaining to the TD. ( ok- cozy , historic to some). I know it is a 5 star hotel, but I would not stay there again. Call me an ugly American, but I want creature comforts on vacation. ( I know some people will disagree) . The first Tauck tour to Scotland we took used the Balmoral, which we loved.

• Options

We were at the Kimpton Blythwood sqr in June As part of the Week is Scotland tour and it was excellent. The personnel were pleasant and helpful. The food was very good - best breakfast of our tour. It has A.C. though on the final night the heat in Glasgow was a bit more than it could handle. That's probably so for any hotel in Glasgow. The room was a good size and layout. I'd happily stay there again.

In Edinburgh Tauck had us at the Intercontinental which I wasn't impressed by. The room was fine though the bathroom was a bit small. Breakfast was in a large ballroom with the standard buffet. They never offered freshly made hot items and some days it could be a bit hard to get someone to bring coffee. I think they were short staffed. The Concierge seemed to be a part of the bellboy staff which I've never seen in a hotel like that.

• Options
    edited August 2023

I’m going May 22 of 2024. Was told the hotels are booked as pairs not individually by city. I’m at the Klimptons

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file