Options

MS Sapphire and hair dryers

Does anyone know if there are hairdryers supplied in the bathrooms or do I bring one? It does not list "hairdryers" in any description I can find of the cabin contents. Also, do I need to bring a converter if I bring my own?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023

From the Tauck website description of the ship (you're right that for some reason they didn't include this in the cabin descriptions):

"A variety of Tauck-exclusive Molton Brown bath products are provided along with terry cloth robes, towels and hair dryers."

All staterooms will have 220v and 110v outlets in cabin and bathroom though the number and location will depend on the cabin category. I'm pretty sure all also have USB outlets for charging. The Cat 6's we've stayed in did.

While you don't need adapters, having them expands the number of outlets you can use in the cabin. In addition, if you have hotel stays you will need them as none will have 110 outlets though some may have USB outlets.

• Options

Hairdryers are in all cabins. You are not supposed to use your own dryers brought from the U S for safety reasons.

• Options

Yes, I have been on Tauck river cruises where the info about the ship in the binder they leave in your room says not to use US heated appliances which include curling irons, flat irons, clothing irons, etc.

• Options

AnnieD - To answer your question, yes the Sapphire has hairdryers. All Tauck riverboats have them; some with diffusers some not. I was on the Sapphire last April and the dryer in my cabin was equipped with a diffuser.

• Options

Thank you all! One less thing to pack!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file