Options

What Does the 2 Day Train Ride on the Rocky Mountaineer Really Look Like - A Video

********What Does a Train Ride on the Canadian Rocky Mountaineer, Gold Leaf Car, Really Look Like? This 10:30 minute video cover the train experience from Vancouver BC to Jasper AB in Canada with a stop overnight in Kamloops, BC. Everything about this journey is discussed including the Train Experience, Travel Timing, Service, Food, Seats, Toilets, and the Scenery.
https://youtu.be/VY64_-Xul8s

Comments

• Options

Lovely edited video, but that trip does not appeal, even more so since I saw the video.

• Options

Most of that trip does not appeal to me as well. However, we are doing the Rocky Mountaineer on our own for less than half the price.

• Options

We did this trip August of last year. Although not withTauck we were with two couples we had met on previous Tauck tours. Train ride very uneventful and sort of boring. Food was okay. Best part of the trip was the Banff hotel which was beautiful. Unless you are into trains I wouldn’t spend the money…. Just my opinion.

• Options
    edited August 2023

The best part of the Tauck Trip was the land journey from Jasper Park Lodge to Banff. Tauck does provide two excellent dinner buffets for the train ride, one in Kamloops and one at Jasper Park Lodge, provided one wishes dinner at 8:30 pm or so.

• Options

I will not eat dinner at 8:30 unless I’m starving. The late lunch on the Rocky Mountaineer is enough for me. I know some travelers prefer not to miss a meal. I’ve traveled enough around the world and know what dining habits work for me. We all consume more dining on vacation than we do at home. That’s a given.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file