Options

Which ship is nicer, Wind star or wins spirit?

Which ship is nicer, Wind star or wins spirit?

Comments

• Options

Sealord is the expert on Wildstar so I would take any advice he has to offer.

• Options
    edited October 2023

Wind Star and Wind Spirit are twins, They are both going into a major overhaul in the next few months. They should both look new and shinny by next year. The crew of Wind Star told us last week that they are staying aboard for the overhaul, and their first job is to remove ‘everything’ from the ship. The overhaul will be 24/7 for thirty days. They are not new boats, and they were due for a refit. We very much enjoyed our Greek Isles cruise on the Wind Star last week. The food and service was great as usual, but the ship needed a little polish.

If you are looking for more luxurious cabins, you might look at the “Star ships”. …. Star Breeze, Star Pride, and Star legend. Windstar bought them from Seabourn and then cut them in half and stretched them, and what I call ‘zero timed them’; They kept the hull and replaced almost everything inside. They are beautiful ships. They are all suites. We have cruised on all of Windstar’s boats, but only on the Star Breeze after the renovation. The Quadro 44 restaurant is probably the best food afloat. Whatever Windstar ship you cruise on, you will be happy with the food and service. If you want fancy instead of a sail boat, go on the Star Ships.

Mike

• Options

Sealord - Since you have 'super elite platinum double diamond status' with WindStar you need them to get a ship with accommodations like those described in the following article about a Regents ship. :D

https://thepointsguy.com/news/first-look-regent-cruise-ship-suite/

• Options

Sorry Sam. Windstar is nautical, not the Plaza Hotel. My wife ‘Eloise’ is familiar with the Plaza Hotel. When you think Windstar you should think portholes. Even the power boats have many portholes. When you cruise with Windstar you are always aware that you are on a boat … not in central park, nor a shopping mall. If you had a passenger for every normal bed on a Windstar ship you would never have more than 350 people. I think the lifeboats on the biggest ships hold more passengers than a Windstar boat carries. If you look at my pictures of the dinner at the library in Ephesus, all of the passengers on the ship were at that dinner. When we returned to the ship we had a welcoming party.

• Options

Sealord - Are you referring to the Plaza Hotel in Manhattan? Just curious.

• Options

Sealord - I know, I've sailed on the Windstar in 2011.

I was just kidding, trying to see if you could get Windstar to add 'the Plaza' on one of their ships so you could get that cabin with your status. :D

• Options
    edited October 2023

kfnknfzk”. Yes … “Eloise at the Plaza”. I married her. And she has never really grown up.

• Options

I love the Plaza...only stayed once for a special occasion and for Thanksgiving dinner. We will do so again next year for my husband's 100th surprise party.

The Eloise series are great books for children...and adults. Love your lovely wife's skirt. Lightweight, classy and easy to pack.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file