Options

TAP Airlines

I am looking into traveling on our Spain and Portugal trip with TAP airlines in business class. I'm interested in knowing about the airline from others who have traveled with this airline. In particular what is the configuration of the seats and the comfort level for sleeping?

Have you had any problems with the service or anything else that I should consider before making the reservation?

I checked with Tauck and they said that while they could make a reservation, they were unable to ask for seats at this time. Is that normal? Would we be able to get seat assignments when we pay for the tickets or is it upon check in?

Thank you for any insight that you can provide.

Comments

• Options

We are leaving Monday Newark to Lisbon on TAP. I will report during the week if time and my energy allow. It’s easy enough to find the seat configuration on line. Just google the TAP Airlines seats and the aircraft type which would be listed on the website. We are in “executive “ class which is what they call their business class. I believe it is a single aisle aircraft where the seats on each side are staggered by row. We are 2 across. The row behind us is one seat. Then 2 seats after that and so forth.

• Options

Thanks for your comments. When were you able to get your seat assignments?

• Options

We flew TAP business just a year ago. Nothing special at all and very expensive but was the best timing etc for our particular needs.

• Options

We got seat assignments when we booked. TAP was actually much cheaper than Tauck could book or other major carriers I checked. We paid $3200 per ticket vs. well over $4200 for other airlines.

• Options

I have flown TAP from Boston in business class a couple of times. Configuration was 1-2-1. Also from Lisbon to Barcelona. I don’t remember the configuration on that flight, but it could have been the European business of the middle seat blocked or could have been 2-2. The service and food were good. The only thing I didn’t like was that when arriving in Lisbon (and leaving from there) the plane was not on a jetway. We had to bus to and from the terminal, and carry our carry-one up and down the planes’ stairs. It’s not Emirates — or even Air France — but the difference in price was worth it. Under similar circumstances, I’d fly them again.

• Options

I agree with MCD although I have not flown TAP on long haul flights, just within the Iberian Peninsula. I found the business class service to be friendly, efficient and comfortable.

• Options

We were on the TAP Lisbon to London flight yesterday October 8. The flight was arranged by Tauck. We checked into Business Class at 6 am. The agent was friendly and efficient. She made sure our bags were checked all the way to Chicago.
    The lounge was clean and had not much of a selection of breakfast items.
    We were taken by shuttle bus to the plane. It was a pain to have to lug our carry-on up the stairs to the plane.
    Previously, I establish a TAP account to check on our seats. It showed a 2-3-2 configuration in Business Class. The setup was actually 2-2 with a half-partition between the 2 seats. The seats were comfortable and reclined but not fully flat.
    The flights attendants were friendly and attentive. The food was so-so but not bad.

• Options
    edited October 2023

Took TAP business class from Newark to Lisbon last night, Oct 9. Flight left on time and landed half hour early at 5:00AM. Took 15 minutes or more to connect the very steep stairs to the plane. Then 10 minute bus ride to terminal and 15-20 minute walk to baggage. Breezed right through immigration, bags were there when we got there and walked right thru customs with a wave.

Business class is 6 rows. Each side of aisle had 2 seats on the odd rows and one on the even. Attendants were pleasant, helpful and friendly. Seat can lie flat (sort of). 6’1” 250lbs so not as comfortable as would like. Dinner served once we go to cruising speed. 3 choices. Edible but nothing to write home about. Breakfast served about an hour before landing. Not so good but a few pieces of decent fruit.

Intercontinental on 15 minutes from airport. Driver was waiting for us. It was 6AM when we got to the hotel. We were able to get a very nice room right away but had to pay 150 Euros because we were so early. Got 5 hours sleep and now off to take a 4 hour tuk tuk tour.

• Options

BSP51's report reminded me that I had the same configuration on my flights to and from Boston. Since I travel solo, I look for the single seats and know that I had them on the TAP flights.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file