Seeking reviews, suggestions, etc.

We will be taking this river cruise July 1, 2025. We originally put down a deposit on the 10 day "Rendevous on the Seine" but then decided on this cruise, which added a few days in London prior to the cruise.
We have taken 15 Tauck tours but this will be our first river cruise with Tauck.
As the months go on, I would enjoy reading reviews and getting general suggestions/advice from those who have taken this cruise or are familiar with the itinerary.
Thanks...
Sue

Comments

• We did it in 2016 starting in Paris. There have been changes since then but some things the same.. London and Paris really need a full week or more so you need to expect that you are only going to "dip a toe" in the possibilities each has to offer. If you can add some days in either or both cities you'll be glad you did.

• Sue M,

I took this tour in the spring of 2023. If interested, you will find my review titled 'Tour Review, May 2023, Cruising the Seine, plus Paris & London.' I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions you might have, Just ask herein or send me a private message.

Warm regards.

• Thanks for all your comments.... A few years ago we did the "England, Scotland, Wales Tour" with Tauck, so it we don't feel we need to spend much time in London. I agree that if we hadn't been to London, more time would be needed. We also spent a few days in Paris another time before a Celebrity cruise.
    I think the number of days on the cruise is the same on this cruise as "Rendezvous on the Seine."
    My father served in WW 2 and landed in Normandy a few weeks after D-Day...on Utah Beach. I know that his 8th infantry division fought for over 260 days as they traveled through Europe.
    I have always wanted to visit Normandy as a tribute to him and those who served.
    Which makes me wonder whether we should go to the WW 2 Memorial Museum in Caen (the day before we visit the beaches of Normandy) or visit the beautiful towns of Etretat and Honfleur.
    Wish we could do both.
    Thoughts?

(kfnknfzk- how do I access your 2023 review?)

• edited June 24

Sue M -

Navigate to the far right>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Select 'Seine River'
    Select 'Cruising the Seine.....'
    Select 'Tour Review'

There may be other posts there that might interest you as well.

Since your father was at Normandy, the WWII Memorial Museum might be more meaningful for you.

• MCDMCD
    edited June 24

On our land tour in France, we spent several hours at the WW II museum in Caen. It is not solely about Normandy, it's comprehensive, although I believe there is a special exhibit this year to celebrate the 80th anniversary of D-day. I found the visit to be very worthwhile.

• I think we may lean towards the WW 2 museum.

kfnknfzk- I read your review...thanks for guiding me to it as well as to others.
    You mentioned taking a trolley up to the top of the cliffs of Montmartre....was there a lot of climbing involved (on foot) ?

On another note, we chose the July 1 cruise because it is $1700 less a person than the cruise in early June. I hope it is not too hot and the places not too crowded....but I am aware summer is prime tourist time.

• Maybe it is cheaper because of the Bastille holiday in France.

• Sue M - Montmartre is the highest hill in Paris. The trolley/train was so much fun as it winds its way up and up the hill. There is no climbing on foot. Upon the descent we were left off right in front of the Moulin Rouge. Since there were so few of us, our director convinced us to perform a little 'can-can' as the bus driver approached to pick us up. His sheer delight at seeing our shenanigans made it well worth it.

I do hope you get to experience Montmartre. Best wishes to you.

• Thanks.
    We have a year to wait before taking this cruise. As time goes on I am sure I will have more questions.
    And of course, any reviews or suggestions between now and then will be appreciated.

• Look to the right of this page. Open 'Seine River'. Lots of reviews. Took this trip 2022. Enjoyed it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file