I recently returned from this trip and can give it a 5 rating all around. The itinerary has been modified from the regular itinerary that Tauck runs on a regular basis to include many synagogues, concentration camps and a comprehensive view of Jewish life in Central Europe over the last 1,000 years. If you love history and want to learn how the rise of the Nazis could have possibly happened, then this is the trip for you. Tauck did a super job of interspersing great concerts and art events after the visits to the camps to lighten our spirits.
I arrived 3 days early to Warsaw so I could see some of the places that Tauck includes in the regular itinerary. I hired a private guide who was great.
At the end of the trip I stayed one extra day to see The Prague Castle complex and the Jerusalem Synagogue.
I was a bit concerned about this itinerary being too heavy or sad, but it was poignant and very educational. All the guides were top notch and our tour Director Joeri Happel was fantastic.
I’m happy to answer any questions you might have.