Options

Capetown 1 day early

Hi folks,

I'm traveling on this tour this summer, but we've booked an extra night one day early in Cape Town. What do you suggest we see? I don't want to book anything we'll be doing on the tour already, but we're unclear as to the exact itinerary in Cape Town. For example, do we get to see the penguins at Boulders? Please advise.

Comments

• Options
    I have not yet completed this tour (next April), but I have been asking the same questions. It is my understanding that, yes, the penguins at Boulders are included. Some 'not included' activities that you might want to consider are Kirstenbosch Botanic Garden, the Two Oceans Aquarium, Table Mountain by cable car, and Robben Island. There may also be places the Tauck tour does visit that you would like to see for a half day, rather than an hour.
  • Options
    Leaving in less than two weeks!! I'm excited but still unsure about what to do our first day in Cape Town, before the tour starts. If you've been on this trip already, please leave a suggestion. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi
    Just put a deposit down on the Botswana, South Africa & Zambia tour
    We were thinking of booking 2 more days in Cape Town
    I too am curious as to what we can do there that Tauck does not.
  • Options
    Grymonpre wrote:
    Leaving in less than two weeks!! I'm excited but still unsure about what to do our first day in Cape Town, before the tour starts. If you've been on this trip already, please leave a suggestion. Thanks!

Please give us a full report on your tours, we are so anxious to hear all the wonderful memories you made.
  • Options
    I have not yet completed this tour (next April), but I have been asking the same questions. It is my understanding that, yes, the penguins at Boulders are included. Some 'not included' activities that you might want to consider are Kirstenbosch Botanic Garden, the Two Oceans Aquarium, Table Mountain by cable car, and Robben Island. There may also be places the Tauck tour does visit that you would like to see for a half day, rather than an hour.

I noticed you wrote that Table Mountain by cable car in not included, really, I would have thought it to be one of the many highlights of the tour. Thank you for your suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.