Nazca Lines

Are there any opportunities on this tour to see the Nazca Lines?

Comments

• Yes. When I took this tour a couple of years ago, we took a bus from Lima at the beginning of the tour and boarded small planes for an aerial view of the lines. It was an all-day excursion. I don't recall whether it was part of the Tauck package or a separate pre-tour option.
  • By the time we toured in 2013, Tauck had discontinued any connection with the Nazca Lines tour. Apparently it is a very time-consuming commute. We considered chartering a small airplane from Lima, but even with that option we learned that there is a danger of being stuck in the middle seat and seeing nothing. We decided that we we too jet lagged -- even though we had not crossed many time zones -- and ate a remarkable meal instead at the Japanese restaurant in the lobby of our hotel.
  • It's a shame to go that far and not see the Nazca Lines, so my wife and I in late June are going a few days early and doing some supplemental sightseeing including the Nazca Lines that Tauck's itinerary just does not have time for.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file