RENDEZVOUS on the SEINE - April 27, 2014

Would love to hear from anyone taking the Normandy trip (Rendezvous on the Seine) on April 27, 2014.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    We will be on this sailing after a few days visit in Strasbourg first, then a few more in Latin Quarter of Paris before we join group on 27 April, 2014. This will be our 2nd Tauck river cruise, 3rd Tauck. Weather should be lovely & bit warmer than when on 1st river cruise on Rhone a week earlier April 2012, bring umbrella just in case. Nobody does it better than Tauck & river cruising is wonderful way to see & experience the country. No pack & unpacking.
    stbarthfan
  • PattiK wrote:
    Would love to hear from anyone taking the Normandy trip (Rendezvous on the Seine) on April 27, 2014.
    My husband and I are will be coming from South Carolina for this wonderful trip. I will enjoy chatting with you. Susan
  • SQfromSC this is Stbarthfan also from SC, fly from SAV. Looking forward to this journey !
  • Wonder if there are any other SC and GA travelers. I am already "packing" for this trip by keeping a list on my phone. This will be my first trip to France.
  • SQ where are you in SC ? I'm in SC zip code 29910 & fly from SAVannah GA. Are you going a day or more early ? We've been to Paris before several times. Look up Sainte Chappelle in Paris, we attended a marvelous Vivaldi concert there in 2012 before our 1st river cruise with Tauck,
    Stbarthfan Nancy
  • I am traveling from New jersey for the April 27th trip. Traveling with two other friends We are from the Morris and Essex Area. Would love to know any tips on this trip that sounds great Have done two other Tauck tours and they have been outstanding
  • stbarthfan wrote:
    SQ where are you in SC ? I'm in SC zip code 29910 & fly from SAVannah GA. Are you going a day or more early ? We've been to Paris before several times. Look up Sainte Chappelle in Paris, we attended a marvelous Vivaldi concert there in 2012 before our 1st river cruise with Tauck,
    Stbarthfan Nancy

We are on the Greenville/Spartanburg side of Columbia, right at Lake Murray. Hank and I are going a few days early. He has already checked out your recommendations. Thank you...as I type he says we will discuss it today as we are snowed in...
  • We two "women of a certain age" are coming Delta nonstop from Atlanta. Staying an extra day at the end and then another night at the CDG airport hotel the next day. Wish we could foretell the weather we will have. Honfleur or Etretat choice --any input?
  • My vote for that day is Honfleur which looks & sounds charming, but if you love goat cheese, then Etretat. Are you on the 4/27/14 trip ? If so see you in Paris ! We're coming from Bluffton, SC. Nancy
  • edited March 2014
    We are departing from Richmond, va on April 22, arriving the 23, staying at the Intercontinental hotel until April
    26th, when we will check in at the Pullman. Our 4th Tauck tour, but first Riverboat cruise.

Will be anxious to join the group! And happy to receive word of others joining the trip!

Jackie and Jim
  • WE are departing from Knoxville, TN on April 25. Third Tauck trip but first river cruise.Looking forward to meeting all.

John & Emily
  • So happy to see we have a friendly group of travelers for the April 27 trip to Normandy. Can't wait to meet all the internet people. They are always the friendliest. We love Tauck tours. Have done both river and ground. They are so first rate in every thing they do. Patti and Tom K.

• SQfromSC wrote:
    My husband and I are will be coming from South Carolina for this wonderful trip. I will enjoy chatting with you. Susan

Looking forward to chatting with you also. This will be a great trip. Patti K. Coming from Dallas
  • Have been looking at weather for Paris & hope forecast continues to be good for all of us & those going a few days ahead for more Paris time(never enough) or elsewhere before the 27th Rendezvous on the Seine @the Pullman Eiffel. Good travels to all,
    Nancy
  • Hi, my husband and I will be cruising the seine April 27th along with 2 other couples from jupiter, fl.
  • My wife and I will be coming from Arkansas. Our first Tauck and first river cruise. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Hugh and Mary
  • My husband and I are also doing the April 27 Rendezvous on the Seine.
    We are flying in early from West Palm Beach, Fl.

It's our first Tauck Tour so open to any suggestions.
    Gail
  • GWDorf wrote:
    My husband and I are also doing the April 27 Rendezvous on the Seine.

Gail
    These posts are from 2014. You may want to re-post on a more current forum or open a new one.
  • GWDorf wrote:
    My husband and I are also doing the April 27 Rendezvous on the Seine.

Gail

We've done 3 river cruises including the Seine in 2017 and 2 land tours with Tauck. Best suggestion I can make is read all the old forum posts both for all the Seine cruises and the other rivers as well. Lots of good info and similarities between cruises. Also read all the Before You Go info for your trip.

Bon Voyage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file