62" luggage allowed
About two months ago there was some discussion in the travel forum about the size of the checked luggage bags. The website said the bag could be up to 62 inches (length, width and height), but final documents were stating that the size could not exceed 54 inches. This caused confusion for a lot of people. I called Tauck and a supervisor checked into it. She got back to me and assured me that the checked piece of luggage could be 62 inches. The 54 inch limit (listed in the final documents) was an error. She said that changes would be made in future final documents. As of now, that change has not been made. I just received my final documents (for the Feb. 9th tour) and noticed that it still says 54 inches for the size of the checked luggage. I called Tauck once again and was assured that 62 inch luggage was allowed.
I figured I would bring this up again, so those of you who will soon be receiving your documents know that indeed, your checked luggage piece can be 62 inches (and no more than 50 lbs).
Sue