Options

August 15, 2015 departure

I am arriving one day early on August 14 at the Royal Livingstone Hotel in Zambia. Anyone else arriving a day early?
Trying to decide which tour to book during the day of the 15th before the official 5 pm start.

Comments

• Options
    I am not on your tour but I have reserved a spot on the Quad Bike Tour the day before the tour starts. I may go on the Elephant Safari too but I have mixed feelings about that, due to everything I am reading about the abuse of elephants. On day 10 of the tour I have made reservations to go on a sidecar tour of the cape. I plan on going horseback riding for 2 hours, as well as paragliding over the beach. Tauck is doing a city tour that day, with the afternoon free, so thought that a good day to "do my own thing". I plan on returning in time for the dinner in a private home that evening.

There are lots of company's that do hourly, 1/2 day and all day tours of the area, so just google them. The hotels also have tour desks, which can book most anything for you. I leave on 6/21/15 and am getting very excited. I am going to go to Chiawa for 4 nights before the tour, as I figured that since I was going so far, I might as well extend my trip a bit.

I know you are getting as excited as I am at this point, so have a marvelous time!
  • Options
    Yes, I'm very excited. First time in Africa. I'm reading and researching right now.

Thank you for the suggestions and sharing your own tour choices. There are so many to choice from. That's the challenge!
    That sidecar tour of the Cape sounds right up my alley. I'll check online I have 2 extra days, Aug 26 and 27, free in Cape Town.

I wish you good traveling!
  • Options
    They are Sidecar Adventures and the owners name is Tim. Tim has been very professional in our email conversations, so hopefully they are a good outfit.

I went on the K and T Tour last year and loved Africa so much that I am going back this year. I suspect that you will also falls love with Africa!!

I will post upon my return, so any questions you may have, I can answer.

Safe travels.
  • Options
    Great minds think alike, Carlsbadsue! I'm scheduled with Sidecar Adventures, and yes, Tim is very helpful.

I plan to take a helicopter flight over Victoria Falls my first full day in Livingstone, using the 'Other" helio service named
    Bonisair. Good reviews like their bigger competitor Shearwater, but I think more likely to get a window seat. Hope to avoid the bigger helios with middle seat. Though I know nothing is guaranteed. Such is the life of a traveler.