Portrait of India Tour 3/2/17

I would like to compare notes with anyone on the March 2, 2017 Portrait of India tour.

Comments

• My wife and I just booked this tour. It is our first Tauck tour, but we have traveled a lot, over 80 countries, mostly on 30 plus cruises. We have been to Cochin before on a Celebrity cruise. The Taj Mahal is one of the destinations left on my "bucket list."
  • Thank you for your reply. This will be our first Tauck tour as well, and like you we are well travelled. Our travels have included ocean cruises, river cruises and land tours. The "Taj" has been on my bucket list for years and I am very happy to be planning this trip. I too visited Cochin on a Princess cruise several years ago. We will be flying out of LAX and arriving a full day prior to the start of the tour. Our free day as "day 1" we are planning to hire a private car/guide to take us to a local village and to see a local step well.
  • Hi
    Just signed up for this tour, my first tauck. Three of us from southeast Florida. I'm wondering whether to bother getting a mask for the pollution. Any thoughts?
  • I would speak to your doctor who knows your medical history. Do you have asthma or respiratory or heart disease? That could make you more vulnerable. The only place we found the air bad was in Delhi, it was like a thick soup, we knew it was pollution, some of the people on our tour thought it was fog, believe me, it was pollution! Never saw anyone with masks when we were there a couple of years ago, maybe it is worse now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file