Options

Dec. 14 2015 Australia and New Zealand Pre Tour Activities

Hello fellow travelers,
I am getting excited about the upcoming trip! I am arriving 2 days early and have done research on things to do prior to our trip starting. I am sharing some of the things that interest me should anyone want to join me. I will be "booking" reservations prior to leaving home in California where possible. I checked with the Opera House and found out the season runs through November and everything will be dark while we are there.

Fellow Tour members: So far I have "communicated" with Bob7740 from Miami. (please send me your contact info. I tried to friend you on FB.) and Dinny from New York. Are there any other travelers out there that would like to reach out prior to our cocktail and dinner on Monday the 14th?
Dec. 12th: arrive 9:00 AM on New Zealand Air. If anyone would like to friend me on Facebook, I am listed as
Tina Howell Mosbey. If you would like to private email me: tinamosbey@gmail.com
______
Dec, 12th (Saturday)
Immigration Museum Old Customs House 400 Flinders St

Hop on and off Trolly Tour (one hour)

FREE walking tour "Melbourne Sights Free Tour" (3 hours)
Every Day 10:30 and 2:30
meet at the statue of Sir Redmond Barry in front of the State Library of Victoria.

TourDec. 13th (Sunday)
Vinetrekker for Food and Wine Day Tour $195 9 hours inc. lunch
________

Dec. 14th (Monday)
Parliament High Tea M-F 2:30 to 4:00 (only day that is available)

Thinking of going to the Melbourne Zoo in the morning and anything I did not have time to see on Sat. the 12th.

Tauck Tour starts at 5:30
"Little Penguins bus company leaving around 2:30 and getting back around 11:30 PM. I know it is an early day the next day but I hear the Penguins are a do not miss.

Safe Travels, Tina

Comments

• Options
    You must be superhuman, please share your secrets!
  • Options
    Hi,
    I was on this trip at the same time last year. While there were no Operas taking place during this time, I had an opportunity to see a wonderful Christmas Show in the Opera House. The acoustics are incredible. If you want to experience the sound I would suggest seeing the Christmas Show. We were offered discounted tickets since we toured the Opera House earlier in the day. This is a pretty active trip...I would suggest not trying to cram too much in on the front end.
    Have FUN!
  • Options
    I agree totally with the previous responses. We did this tour a couple of years ago and it is pretty full on. Besides that, from the experience of our 7 tours with Tauck we have found that a principle of "if Tauck doesn't take you there or show you, it is not worth seeing". It is a long flight so, as British suggests if you really are superhuman, no problem but it would be a shame to burn out too early once the real tour gets going. This tour is a real stunner.................enjoy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file