May 21, 2016

I am looking forward to signing up for this trip next year. When will prices be posted and allow for reservations?

Comments

• edited May 2015
    It is hard to predict accurately. I'm sure Tauck must nail down quite a few details first. Often, but not always, prices and itinerary for many of the most popular trips are finalized and posted early, well over a year out, while the itinerary and prices for other less popular tours may be posted a year or less out. Case in point- the 2016 Peru and Galapagos tour prices and info have been posted for quite awhile. In fact ALL 2016 departures are showing Sold Out! Some of the dates were almost full, and if I recall, a number of departures were sold out before the prices and itinerary were finalized and the tour was still in the "Call to Book" phase!!! The old adage applies, "He who hesitates is lost!

On the other hand, I reserved spaces on the 22 May 2016 Classic Italy, Small Group tour, another popular one, as soon as the dates were posted in January. But surprisingly, prices and itinerary have yet to be finalized and we are less than a year away from the first departure. I expect the finalized itinerary and prices will be posted very soon.

The old adage applies, "He who hesitates is lost!" Prices won't change much, so my recommendation is to reserve a spot as soon as the dates are posted. Once the prices and itinerary have been finalized and posted on Tauck's website, you have two weeks to cancel and get a full refund of your deposit and trip insurance if you decide not to go.
  • Any day I hear for the prices to be posted on this trip. Please answer from Tauck. When?
  • I called to reserve this yesterday. I was told pricing would probably be posted in mid-July and would be close to 2015 pricing. They are making a change to the itinerary based on traveler feedback. I believe it is Day 7. Also, hotels could change. We have two weeks once prices posted to make final decision and can get entire deposit back in that period.
  • PHuston wrote:
    I called to reserve this yesterday. I was told pricing would probably be posted in mid-July and would be close to 2015 pricing. They are making a change to the itinerary based on traveler feedback. I believe it is Day 7. Also, hotels could change. We have two weeks once prices posted to make final decision and can get entire deposit back in that period.

What date are you looking at? My travel agent got email that said it would be soon and that was 2 weeks ago.
  • The trip is live now. I got pricing confirmation July 17th. Sorry for late response. I do not visit this forum often.
  • Anyone on this trip. I arrive a day early. Would love to meet someone for supper.
  • Final payment very soon. Would love to here from anyone on the tour. I arrive 1 day early.
  • Please consider sharing your experiences on this forum on your return. There's not a lot of feedback about this tour and I would love to hear about your experience as I'm considering this tour for 2017. Thanks.
  • Just booked this trip in 2017, I hope those traveling on upcoming trips have a wonderful time. Your experiences and recommendations would be valued greatly after your return. Buon viaggio!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file