7/30/17 Week in Ireland

We're booked on the July 30, 2017 Week in Ireland tour. Anybody else?

Comments

• Yes! I'm traveling with a friend, visiting Ireland for the first time? Arriving a couple of days early...I'm looking forward to our trip! How do you think the weather/temperature will be? An ideas for what to see the days we arrive ahead of the tour?
  • My husband and I are also arriving early. Not sure of all our plans yet, but we are going to take a day-trip to see Galway City.
    I'm expecting weather in the 60's and 70's and will pack clothes that I can layer.
  • There are 6 of us good Austin friends that will be joining in the July 30 Best of Ireland. We will be there a day early. I have a friend here now that says its HOT-Hot. But she didn't mention temps in the early morning when it is sometime cool. Looking forward to meeting all of you. You'll probably find us in the hotel bar!
  • edited June 2017
    courtgoes wrote:
    Yes! I'm traveling with a friend, visiting Ireland for the first time? Arriving a couple of days early...I'm looking forward to our trip! How do you think the weather/temperature will be? An ideas for what to see the days we arrive ahead of the tour?

The weather can be found on the tour page under the "Before You Go" tab.

We took the Best of Ireland tour 28 July - 10 Aug 2016. Your tour is a bit shorter and itinerary is different but you can expect the same type of weather. Temps tended to be cool in the mornings and again late afternoon and evening, but like the UK can change rapidly- "If you don't like the weather, just wait 15 minutes." There was fog and some light mist during our visit to the Cliffs of Moher (cliffs were obscured during most of our visit) and it rained lightly during our falconry experience at Mount Juliet hotel north of Waterford and during our visit to nearby Jerpoint Abbey, so be prepared for inclement weather and cool temps. We never experienced hot weather- I don't believe we had any temps in the 80's. Then, again, we are talking about weather which can be highly variable- dress in layers.

Depends on how early you arrive, but some suggestions:

Visit Burnatty Castle and Folk Park in the small town of Bunratty. Attend their medieval banquet in the Castle after hours (two settings)- it was an entertaining and fun evening. You'll need reservations, it may already be booked- check online. If you are paying attention during the drive to Blarney, you'll see Bunratty Castle on the left just after you pass the road to Shannon Airport.

Tour the nearby quaint town of Ennis- visit the abbey ruins there.

For a full day trip, visit Limerick and King John's Castle.

You can arrange for a car to take you to these places with the hotel concierge. Google them and check them out.
    Jpinbay wrote:
    My husband and I are also arriving early. Not sure of all our plans yet, but we are going to take a day-trip to see Galway City.
    I'm expecting weather in the 60's and 70's and will pack clothes that I can layer.

We stopped in Galway City for a few hours to roam and eat lunch- I was not impressed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file