How do I get my username back?

Very happy to finally see the forums back, but the site insisted that I choose a user name. I tried to use my former username, Portolan, but the site insisted that name was taken (indeed...by me) and wouldn't recognize the password which I know to absolutely be correct. No "forgot my password" (though I hadn't!) is available. So now I have a new username, but would like the old one back.

BTW, there is no possibility that Portolan was chosen by someone else in the 2-3 days since the forums have been back. It is a very obscure term (and the topic of my PhD dissertation!).

Tauck Tim or someone: can you fix this? Please.

Comments

• I had the same problem. E-mailed tech support: esupport@tauck.com. They are still working out some bugs in the new site and it took a few tries. They weren't able to get my exact username back, but set me up with the same name and "1" appended. I can live with that. :)

• Same problem here. I was Johnps now JohnS. No big deal since I didn't have that many posts.

• I've emailed Tauck per the response from Emma above. It is unacceptable to have to change usernames because they didn't do a good job of migrating the database. I have posted for years as 'Portolan' and had to post today (in response to a question directed to me in a thread I had started) explaining that it was me, Portolan, even though now showing as Scott_Loomer. Tauck, please, please fix this!

• edited June 2019

I'm back...as me, Portolan! Needed assistance from Tauck tech support as described above.

HOWEVER, this was accomplished by deleting my previous account as Portolan so everything I've posted for years is now shown as "Deleted User."

This shouldn't be impossible to get right...but not yet.

Also, still stuck with the born (registered) yesterday, but that was the lesser issue.

• Click on your username at the top right side of screen, you will get a drop down that shows the current avatar with an option to change.

• I have the same problem. I've e-mailed Tauck support and will report back when I get an answer.

• Try clicking on your username, then when the current avatar appears in the drop down, place your mouse over the avatar itself, you should then see a link at the top of the avatar to "change picture", which then allows an upload.

• Calaf1 - Nope, that doesn't work for me either.

• Strange, I just tested again and was able to change avatar. I assume you are logged into your account. If not, that could be the problem. Otherwise, I guess IT will need to provide an answer.

• Uh oh! Looks like something broke, I tried again just now and received the same message as cathyandsteve. The upload photo option has disappeared. Have to throw this back into IT's court.

• edited June 2019

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know, we're working on the avatar issue and trying to figure it out. We think we've got a handle on what's happening... we'll keep you posted.

-Tim

• The problem appears to be fixed. I just uploaded a new photo.