Options

Week in Ireland and Week in Scotland

We have scheduled a back to back Week in Ireland and a Week in Scotland in August and wondering if the tours will be canceled and if not, what sort of restrictions will there be? When will we find out ? Air transportation will have to be paid in full soon. Will all the confirmed flights still be available? Many questions need to be answered. We love traveling with Tauck but fear the year 2020 should be avoided.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2020

JBowersox:

More than likely, all of the August trips will be cancelled. I have copied below the latest Update from Tauck from 5/20. I would suggest that you wait until Tauck officially cancels your tour, it probably won't happen for a few more weeks. They are only cancelling Tours one month at a time. If you wait until Tauck cancels the Tour, then you will receive a full refund for the Tour including the Air if you purchased the Air thru Tauck. If you purchased your own airfare, wait until the Airline cancels the flight and you can then apply for a refund. Depending upon the Airline, this can be a simple or complex issue. There has been much discussion on the board about this. I can only speak to Lufthansa. I finally had to initiate a charge back request against my credit card for a March 9 cancelled flight in order to receive my money back since Lufthansa kept making broken promises.

I have pasted below the latest update from May 20. It is posted at the very top of the Tauck Website. If you cancel, you will only have the option of a travel credit to be used on any 2020-2021 journey. There have been many discussion on the board about how the credits may be used. There is a discussion started by Smiling Sam that goes into details about the travel credit called "Tauck Travel Wallet vs Tauck Dreamsaver Credit" that might be of interest to you.

Here is the latest update from Tauck for August Trips.

For travel scheduled August 1, 2020 - August 31, 2020

For bookings paid in full: Any guests who wish to cancel their booking will have ALL cancel fees (including Guest or Cruise Protection Product premiums) issued back to them in the form of a travel credit to be used on any 2020-2021 Tauck journey. Airline change fees will not be covered for guests who voluntarily cancel.

For bookings not paid in full: Final payment for guests booked on these tours is now due 30 days prior to departure. Any guest who cancels after making final payment will have ALL cancel fees (including Guest or Cruise Protection Product premiums) issued back to them in the form of a travel credit to be used on any 2020-2021 Tauck journey. Airline change fees will not be covered for guests who voluntarily cancel.

Hope this helps. If not, you may want to call Tauck direct to discuss your concerns. They have a great Customer Service Team.

• Options
    edited May 2020

Your tour will be cancelled. There is also the consideration of the two weeks of Quarantine on arrival in the U.K. The U.K. has the worst numbers for deaths with Covid 19 when you think of what the population is compared to the US. Have you checked whether your flights have been cancelled already? Even if Tauck booked your Flights for you, you can still see the, on My trip. And just a tip, if you plan on going to the U.K. In the future, it’s good to avoid August.

• Options

We went on the two weeks Britain tour last August. We chose that month because we wanted to attend the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh which runs for three weeks in August. We really enjoyed the tattoo and would recommend it highly.

• Options

Thank you for info. We chose August also to attend the Military Tatoo. We feel like the tours will be canceled but we have not heard yet.

• Options

I attended the Military Tattoo as part of a tour 14 years ago. At that time, the seating in the stadium where you view the Tattoo had the least amount of leg room of any stadium I had been in. Me being 6'6" tall, they had to seat me at the end of an aisle so that I could sit sideways in order to fit. That said, I loved the show.

• Options

Here are some pictures from last year. The night we were there was very damp and cold but it didn't rain which was great. (There was a monsoon the night before.) The Tauck seats are in the blue section in the left hand corner. There were great views and the coziness kept us warmer after the sun went down.

• Options

Here are a few of mine. Not real clear on these shots - camera and cameraman weren't as good back then. The one picture was of some general in the royal box. He was the big muckily-muck for the night.

• Options

We were on the England, Scotland and Wales trip last August and attended the Tatoo. Other than the bagpipes at the beginning and end of the performance it looked like a high school half time show....very disappointing!

• Options

Got the call from Tauck today. August tours have been cancelled. We had to rebook our Best of Ireland for next year. September tours still in limbo. I expect that Tauck will update the COVID-19 notice soon.

• Options

Thanks for your reply. Guess I will receive my call soon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file